We are the Moore family; a Christian home school family living on a small farm in the beautiful Champlain Valley in Central Vermont. Operating Garland Goat Soap allows for the children to be involved and to learn the various facets of the business.
Years ago it was our desire to make soap, however, when we read soap making books we gave up quickly and put the books away thinking it would be more of a chore than a fun project. So instead, we bought glycerine in a solid block along with some fragrances and gave it to one of our daughters to melt down, scent, and pour into some trays to harden. That was the extent of our soap making for several years.
As a teenager, our daughter-in-law, Arielle, began experimenting with soap-making. Her family experienced some skin issues and found relief when using goat milk soap. This venture turned into a small cottage industry she named Rehoboth Farm Goat Milk Soap. In 2007 her family moved to Garland, Maine, where she renamed her business Garland Goat Soap of Maine. After Arielle married our son, Greg, and was expecting their first child, she no longer could keep up with the demand of the business.
What we thought would be a chore turned out to be a delight as Arielle taught several of us the art of soap-making. She already had the recipe and ingredients; all we needed to do was follow her instructions.
We bought the business in 2010 and kept the name Garland Goat Soap because of the internet presence that already existed.
We are now producing thousands of bars of soap a year and continue to add products and varieties. It is our desire to continue producing natural products to the Glory of God for the benefit of people around the globe.
Benefits of Our Soap!
Our soaps are 100% guaranteed to gently heal and cleanse your skin…
Today, it’s difficult to walk into a store and find something that actually heals and helps your skin. Hundreds of commercial skin products and over-the-counter acne medications are leaving customers worse off than they were before – or simply dissatisfied. Here at Garland Goat Soap of Vermont, we recognize this problem and are working to provide a solution that will meet your skin’s needs!
How Are We Different?
- Our soap is made in small, quantity controlled batches using only naturally healing and moisturizing ingredients.
- We use high-quality essential oils that heal and rejuvenate the skin in all of our soaps and lotions with the exception of the Rose Old Fashioned Bar in which we use a rose fragrance.
- Garland Goat Soap is made with our own fresh, raw goat’s milk – containing over 50 nutrients, vitamins and minerals that heal and care for your skin.
- All of our soaps include high-quality oils that have powerful healing properties. Olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil and vitamin E oil work to moisturize, protect, cleanse and restore your skin.
- Our soaps are mild and gentle – safe to use as moisturizing facial bars or on infants.
- Unlike many other natural and organic soap products, our bars produce a wonderful, rich lather.
Why Goat’s Milk vs. Other Natural Soap Products?
Our mission is to assist you in healing and maintaining the health of your skin. Goat’s milk has been proven very effective in combating common, frustrating skin conditions such as acne and eczema – and that’s just the beginning!
- Goat’s milk is an anti-inflammatory, allowing it to heal and soothe irritated skin and allergy-related rashes.
- The vitamins and minerals in goat’s milk (including vitamin A, zinc and calcium) slow the effects of aging, prevent brown spots and maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- Goat’s milk contains Alpha-hydroxyl, which is a great exfoliator of the skin.
- Goat’s milk enables our soaps to cleanse your skin without stripping it of its protective barrier and natural oils.